Thursday, May 3, 2012

Show Us Your Life - New Friends

Linking up to Kelly's Korner again this week hoping to make some new friends in the area. Other than my wonderful coworkers, I don't really have any close friends living near me.

If you are here from Kelly's Korner, I'm am thrilled to "meet" you! Ha! My name is Stacey and I am a thirty-something single mom in San Antonio. I grew up here, but moved around alot after high school. I have been back in the area for some time now, but most of my close friends have all moved away. I was married for several years and I have two boys. My oldest, Philip Cole, was born in 2007 with Trisomy 13. He was with us for a couple of days before going to be with Jesus. My second baby, Cristian, was born in 2008. He is an amazing little guy and the center of my universe. I have been single for a little over a year. I would love to find the right person to spend my life with the have lots more babies, but right now I am really focused on planting some roots and getting my ducks in a row.

I recently went to a Dave Ramsey seminar and was so inspired. I don't have much debt, but there was so many simple things that I didn't know about managing my money. I have kind of reached the pinnacle in my current career and am looking to make a change. I'll be going back to school this summer. Not sure exactly what I want to do when I finish, maybe teaching, maybe accounting. I have been working for a publishing company for 12 years and I am ready for something new, something different. I'm excited even though I'm not sure of my destination yet. Cristian and I have been looking for a new church. We have tried a few in the area, but haven't decided yet. I am very indesicive and always worry I will make the wrong choice, so getting passed my own weirdness is a challenge..but, I'll get there eventually.

Just a little bit about me and my little. Looking forward to meeting you!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

You should try Shearer Hills Baptist - we moved to SA knowing NO ONE, but have totally made a new "family" there! It's at 281 and Bitters. Contemporary service is at 8:30, followed by sunday school at 9:45, or the traditional service is at 11. You should try it out! :)