Friday, January 11, 2008

Shopping Fun

I have several friends that will be "showered" soon, so I spent some time today cruising their Babies R' Us Registries. It has only been a year or so since we registered for Philip, so I was surprised at how much things have changed! I saw some of the coolest things on those registries.
It got me thinkin', what will I need for this baby? I am still convinced we are having a girl (even though the sonogram to confirm will not happen until February), so I will defineatly need new clothes and bows and frilly socks. But beyond that, we pretty much have everything we need. I know some of you are thinking, this is your second kid, you don't get a shower. Well, I disagree. I think each baby deserves it's own party. The registry may be smaller, but all babies are little miracles and they deserve to be celebrated. I turned down a shower for Philip. My friends at work gave me a small one, but I asked my family and friends not to. I just wasn't up to it at the time. Most of the things we have we bought ourselves (with money from family, friends and our own piggy bank). It was the right thing for us to just do our shopping alone with our son. This time, I want a party. I kind of feel bad that Philip didn't get his party until after he was gone, but I am hopeful that God will let this child stick around awhile. Anyway, I am looking forward to spending some time shopping for other babies and keeping my eyes peeled for cool stuff for my own.

BTW-My mom is buying a house!! Is that not wonderful? She found a beautiful new home in Kyle, TX (south of Austin and north of San Marcus off I-35). It has a stone front and 4 giant bedrooms. I am so excited for her...and now we have a perfect place for holidays! She closes in a few weeks and will move in shortly there after.

5 comments:

Li Li said...

1. I totally agree with you on the showers for other kids. I mean...even if it is cake and food just to celebrate the upcoming arrival!

2. I am sooo glad your mom is moving to Kyle! That will be so great for her. Tell her that I said Congrats and to invite us to the housewarming! :)

Mrs. H said...

It doesn't look like my boy #2 will get a shower, but I may just throw a party myself now that I am inspired by your post.
I hope you get your wish to shop for a little girl. Most of all, I hope that things continue to go well!
Have fun at Babies R Us (there are SO many things lacking in a small town).

Stacey said...

Lani,
You could always have a "meet the new little one" party after he is born. Everyone brings a dish and you celebrate by eating and passing around the baby!

Mrs. H said...

Good idea. Then I could stock my fridge with some much needed leftovers:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey, just wanted to tell you keep up the good work I like reading your blogs.. I also wanted to let you know that we are glad to hear that you are doing well and that the baby is doing great. If you need anything you give us a call. We miss you guys!!
Love ya!
Amanda