Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Weekend of Babies

I have been meaning to post for a couple of weeks now, but I have been so busy that I could not seem to find the time. Three weeks ago Carlos, my mom, and I drove up to see my friend Lisa. She and her husband have new twin girls (Franny & Zooey). They are just the cutest and I could not wait to spend two days staring at them and kissing there chubby cheeks.

We had such a nice time. Lisa and Joe are great parents. They were only 2 weeks along when we went to visit and already they looked like old pros. I never had any doubts about their abilities, but you never know how people will adjust when they experience such a change in life. Lisa was already wearing her mom hat and Joe was the proud papa. Both were tired but glowing and the love in their eyes was lovely to see. It was also quite cute that with two babies no one had to share. They each had a baby at all times. I guess that could be a bit hard…2 babies needing to be fed at the same time at 2am…everybody must be up, no taking turns with 2…but, I just really think it is cool.

Reluctantly, we had to leave on Sunday and come back home. I missed Lisa the minute we left. I won’t be able to travel back to Dallas until probably several months after Cristian is born, so I guess I won’t get to see the girls again until they are close to 6 months old! I wonder how F&Z will react to little Cristian. I love seeing babies checking out other babies; that is always so cute. Oh well, I will just pressure Lisa to keep posting pictures on her blog so I can keep kissing F&Z’s cheeks through my screen!

1 comment:

Li Li said...

Aww! You are too sweet! I am so excited not only that you got to come up but that Joe and Carlos finally got to meet. :) It will be our turn next to come to see you in SA when little Cristian makes his apperance!