Wednesday, June 4, 2008

False Labor 101

I spent 3 hours last night laying on the couch enjoying contractions, seven minutes apart. They weren't very uncomfortable and they never intensified or got closer together, so I wasn't too worried. Although, I really did not enjoy being tied to the couch...even with cable, there was nothing on TV. I ended up watching Shrek 3 on HBO and some HGTV. It was a good thing though, as it reminded me that I had yet to register with my short term disability provider. Duh! I was supposed to do that 2 weeks ago, but I forgot. Luckily the guy on the phnone was really sweet when I called this morning. I had to get that done or I would really be missing my paychecks over my leave...

Cristian is really getting big. Although I lost 2 pounds at my appt. last week, he continues to grow and boy do I feel the difference. Every move he makes is a bit painful. 14 more days. 14 more days. I feel bad counting down. My pregnancy has been rather enjoyable and I do appreciate the miracle of it all...but...I guess I am just getting tired of being tired from fat. I am ready to be tired from a crying baby instead.

You know, it must be the pregnancy brain, because I am really unorganized lately. First the short term and now this...I haven't found a pediatrician! Duh, again! Tomorrow I am on a mission...to find a baby doc. Mandy gave me the number of hers, but I kind of wanted to go with a man...just because I think that it would be better for a man to do Cristian's circumcission (don't think I spelled that right, but you get it). I guess it doesn't really matter, as long as I am comfortable with him/her. Dr. S recommended a practice that is affiliated with the hospital. I will probably try them first, I trust Dr. S. Hopefully I can get a meeting with one soon...as I don't have much time left.

Alright, I am having more contractions tonight, so sitting in this chair is becoming increasingly uncomfortable...I gotta go now. Hope everyone is well.
Love,
Stacey

No comments: