Thursday, November 4, 2010

No Pictures

Most of the time I don’t post because I have no pictures loaded and I just feel so bad posting just my words. I have realized recently that I am totally missing out on the purpose of this blog. The reason I started it. To document my life as it is, pictures NOT required. I know and you know that pictures are great and add a little something extra special to a post. I mean, who could resist my cutie pie Cristian? However, my camera loads super slow and after all the time it takes to get them on my computer, the energy of the post is sucked out. For now, I am going to commit to posting several times a week, but there may not be pictures for awhile.

Here goes, an update!

For those of you that don’t know, we are in process of selling our house. The selling process has been a total bear. We have a buyer and are working toward a closing…hopefully before the holidays are upon us. The bank is just being a pain in the butt. We are having to submit paperwork over and over. I know it will work out and I am so thankful to have an experienced realtor with the patience of a Saint. He is not getting paid enough for sure.

Cristian is almost 2 ½ and he is so busy. We are at the beginnings of the conversation stage. It is really cool to be able to talk with him and get full sentences back. His take on the world is so interesting. This age is so fun. One minute he is making me ‘tea’ with his tea set and the next minute he is ramming wooden people with Thomas the train. I love that he has no idea what gender roles are and that he just loves to play. I was wrapping the tea set for a gift some weeks back and he inquired about it. I explained what it was and how you use it. He made me ‘tea’ immediately and was so thrilled with the make believe that I never did finish wrapping it. He got the tea set and we wrapped something else for the birthday girl. He loves to make you smile and is a big helper around the house. He can sing the cleanup song while gathering his toys and he likes to dust with wet ones. Some of his favorite sayings are:

“o-k.” (he says this to pretty much every question)
“Here come the bridge…duck!” (when we are on the highway)
“You play trains wit me?”
“I need a new one.” (when his wet one is dirty and he needs a new one to keep cleaning)
“I loooove ______!” (you can pretty much fill in anything here: cake, trains, Dino Dan, juice, chips, trucks)
“I love you too, Mommy.) (my person favorite, in response to: I love you Cristian)
Carlosssss!!!” (after I call Carlos, he calls Carlos…we correct him, but only after giggling…it is pretty funny)
“I go Grammie’s house?” (pretty much every weekend we hear this question at least a few times)

There are so many more, I will try to highlight a couple with each post.

Work is nuts for me right now. We are in our busy season and I am working extra hours trying to keep up with the demands. I am more tired that I think I have ever been. I will be happy when the holidays come, as I need some time to sleep!

Carlos started a new job this past month. He is really enjoying it and is excited about some of the great opportunities they have there. The hours are a little wonky right now, but we are hopeful they will pan out in a few months.
Well, that is it for now. Have a great Thursday!

No comments: