Tuesday, March 6, 2012

5 years

Tomorrow, March 7th, will be my Philip's 5th birthday. It is almost hard to believe that it has been that long since I held my little man. I miss him everyday. My emotions are really raw this evening and I know they will be more so tomorrow. I'm not going to go into the details...just too hard.
Here is one of my favorite pictures of my little dude. I bought this Polo Track Suit the week we found out he was a boy. I was so hell bent on him coming home, that it didn't occur to me to bring "nice" pajamas to the hospital. I was really unprepared for the whole picture taking aspect of having a sick kid. I wanted tons of pictures while he was with us...but all the ones with me in them look like this...hideous robe and standard issue hospital gown. Let's all keep in mind that I was in labor for 2 days and after 4 epidurals I had a cesarean section at 2 in the morning...hence the death warmed over look of my very pale face. Nonetheless, let's all just be mesmerized with those fat cheeks of my baby boy. 8lbs, 13 oz, 21 inches long...big & strong & stubborn. A gift from God who answered several of my prayers...not only did I get to meet my baby, but I got 32 hours and 58 glorious minutes of life with him. So many blessings. Love you sweets, miss you more than I can say. No words for how much I love you...and as Cristian has said, You are our Hero.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love you Stacey. Even though we are separated by a few hundred miles, know that I am hugging you right now.