Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's Official...

Cristian said his first word last night...Momma. Then he said it again and again and again this morning. Carlos was playing with him on the floor last night and Cristian was babbling as usual. So Carlos just started saying Momma, Momma, over and over. Seconds later our little guy repeats MMMMMomma, MMMMMomma. I started crying and ran to get my phone. Yep, I recorded the next 2 times he said it. And yes, I have played it for anyone who will listen!

We are going to FINALLY pull out our video camera this week and I will try to upload video of our little chatterbox for you all to see.

In addition to his first word Cristian also rolled over from his back to his belly last night! He has done it before when no one was looking, but last night he finally started getting the hang of it and we witnessed the revolution. He has been rolling from his belly to his back for some time now, so we have been working with him to complete the roll. I have a feeling crawling is not too far away!'

I'm telling you, our kid is amazing (as all children are, of course). Carlos and I are just so in love with him and last night we just kept looking at him and looking at each other in total amazement. How did we get so lucky? Yep, we are living a blessed life.

In addition, our wonderful friend Kristen came over last night for dinner and a baby. She fed Cristian his squash.(He ate a whole serving with cereal...little piggy.) She said she had never fed a baby before, but I'm not sure I believe her. She was a total pro. Cristian was barely a mess when he was done and she got away without any squash on her clothes! If I hadn't been there, I wouldn't have believed it. After dinner she played with the little guy and then put him to sleep. Cristian has always adored Kristen, but last night he fell in love. His little face staring at her, it was precious! Some people just have a natural knack for kids, Kristen is one of them. She is patient and sweet. It was a great night.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'll be at your cubicle later today to here this miracle!